Elizabeth L. Kolar
Founder / Managing Attorney
Kolar & Associates, A Law Corporation
Elizabeth Kolar’s experience includes defending her clients in all types of litigation including, but not limited to, personal injury, premises liability, products liability, employment (including both class action and PAGA claims), consumer law, and wrongful death claims. Elizabeth founded Kolar & Associates in 2001 and has zealously represented clients from pre-litigation through trial phases. She has successfully tried over 85 jury trials to verdict with a defense win ratio above 95%, has handled over 25 binding arbitrations, and over 250 bench trials.
Early in her career, Elizabeth was a Deputy County Counsel for the County of Orange and worked closely with various governmental agencies including, but not limited to, the Public Guardian's office. There, she successfully tried numerous jury trials and over 200 bench trials during her tenure before going back to private practice. A portion of Elizabeth’s unique expertise is her ability to evaluate her client’s exposure early in a case, equipping her to make appropriate recommendations for future case strategies and to achieve the best outcome for her clients.
Elizabeth is also a proud member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
University of California, Irvine
- Bachelor of Arts, psychology with biology emphasis, 1988
Western State University, College of Law, Fullerton, California - Juris Doctorate (with honors), 1993
- Editor - Law Review
- Member - Jessup Moot Court
- Admitted to California Bar, December 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeal for Ninth Circuit
- Orange County Bar Association
- Judicial Law Extern for United States Court of Appeal for Ninth Circuit for the Hon. Warren J. Ferguson, 1992
- Member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- California New Car Dealers Association (CNCDA)
- National Association of Dealer Counsel (NADA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Association Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC)
- Patterson v. Domino’s Pizza, LLC (California Supreme Court)
- Hart v. Autowest Dodge (Third Appellate District)
- Member - ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates)
- 2014 CLAY Award - California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year*
*One out of 62 lawyers within California received this 19th annual award that is given to those lawyers who have made the most significant impact in their area of law.